Minty Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Chocolate-mint lovers should look no further than this melt-in-your-mouth cookie recipe, best enjoyed right out of the oven.
- 125 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 25 g (¼ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 135 g (⅔ cup) caster sugar
- 55 g (¼ cup) butter spread
- 20 chocolate-covered mints
- Place flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Place large egg, vanilla, sugar, and margarine into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 25 seconds.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Gather the dough into a ball, shape into a 30 cm (12-inch) long log, wrap in waxed paper and freeze for 3 hours, or up to 3 months.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). With a sharp knife, slice the frozen log into 0.6 cm (¼-inch) thick slices and place 2.5 cm (1 inch) apart on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until just set.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, place a small, flat chocolate-covered mint between two cookies while they are still warm, squeeze a little to help the chocolate melt to the cookies, and set on a wire rack to cool.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Do you have low carb recipes for main meals & side dishes?
We do not designate as of now for recipes being low carb. We will look into adding that as a criteria to assist in searching.
Date published: 2015-12-22
How does one make adjustments to the variable speed, processing time, & ingredients quantities for use with a Creations II machine for your Minty Choc Sandwich Cookies or any other recipe?
With this recipe you do not need to make any adjustments in using the 48 ounce container on your Creations unit. When looking at other recipes you will have to look at each recipes final volume to make sure it will fit into the blender first and then if a recipe needs a tamper to facilitate the blend you will have to make sure the tamper can effectively push the ingredients into the blades.
Date published: 2015-12-16
what is earth balance margarine?
Earth Balance is a vegan margarine spread, you can substitute any margarine if you cannot find this spread.
Date published: 2017-01-27